Friday 3 April 2015

A review: beautyuk blush.

Blushes are one of my favourite make up items! As I don't have much colour in my cheeks, they bring my face to live! On myself I much prefer pinks and peaches to brown and taupe. The blush I want to show you today is one of the brightest shades I have in my collection: beautyuk blush & brush in the shade Capital Pink.


Packaging
I don't particularly like the look of the packaging, it looks a bit cheap in my opinion. I don't like the brush either, so I just use my own. On the plus side, it is a sturdy packaging and it's easy to see the colour of the product. It's also nice and flat, making it suitable for stacking. So whilst it is not the most aesthetically pleasing, it's perfect from a practical viewpoint! And also: the colour scheme matches my blush brush perfectly!
Ingredients
Ingredients are:
Mica, Talc, Magnesium Strearate, Dimethicone, Caprilic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Methoxicinnamate, Butyl Methoxidibenzoylmethane, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dietylhexyl Syringlidenemalonate/Caprilic/Capric Triglyceride, Tin Oxide

May contain: CI 77019/ CI 77891, CI 15850:2, CI 45410:2, CI 77007, CI 19140:1, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI77499

CI 19140:1 is a yellow pigment with comes with ared box for safety at cosdna.com and CI 15850:2 is not found in the database.

Test
The colour is a cool toned, bright pink! It's completely matte, which I quite like. It's a welcome change to the many shimmery blushes out there! I'm also impressed with the pigmentation. It's very pigmented and careful application is a must if you don't intend to look like a clown. If I accidentally apply too much, I just blend it it with my kabuki brush. So you don't need a lot which means it will last you a very long time.
Beautyuk does not test their products on animals, which is a plus too!
The blush is priced at £2.99 and can be found at Superdrug (but not in all their shops).

So overall I think this is a good blush!
Sincerely,
R.