Wednesday 1 October 2014

What you need to know about washing your hair CO.

Lately I've been washing my hair with just conditioner again. In the past I've done this on and off for rather extended periods of time. Here's what you need to know about washing your hair with conditioner only.

The conditioner
You will need a conditioner that does not contain any silicones. So check the ingredient list for names that end with "cone". There are a few others as well such as Dimethiconol and Cyclopentasiloxane. Even when that box is ticked, not all conditioners work equally well, so just try a few. Since you'll need loads of product, you may want to get a cheap conditioner.
The water
What I noticed in the UK was that CO-washing wasn't working as well for me as it was here in Belgium. When I first got there I'd brought my own conditioner and used up. I don't know the exact water composition, but I did notice there's more chloride in the water in the UK (West-Midlands). So keep in mind that water composition may affect the results!

Rinse and rinse and rinse
For washing your hair CO, you need a lot of product! I need about one to one an a half handful. If you've never done this before: it will feel very strange as it won't lather. When you've massaged it all across your scalp, add some more water and rub some more. Then start rinsing. It  will take more time and water to rinse all this conditioner out compared to when you use shampoo. Make sure to do this properly!

Sincerely,
R.