Saturday 4 October 2014

Sport gear upgrade: the heart rate monitor.

Recently I got myself a heart rate monitor. I wear it to try not to push myself too far. That does not always work though, as I may keep on going with a heart rate of 183. I went to Decathlon and this is what I got: 
It's a geonaute ONrhythm 310 access. The pack contains Pack content the watch, a plastic cardio Gcoded belt and an instruction leaflet. The belt is coded which means that only the watch in the pack will receive its signal. This ensured that there's no interference from other people's nearby heart rate monitors.

What does it do. Well there's the basics such as time, date, and heart rate. You can choose to display your heart rate in BPM. There's a stopwatch on there and a backlight. You can set a few things like your age, sex, height, weight, and heart rate zone and maximum heart rate. If you set these, colorie and fat expenditure can be displayed as well and your heart rate can be displays in terms of  %HRmax too. You can set target zones of your heart rate and then the watch beeps if you're not in the zone.

The watch is very easy to use and has a memory for the latest session. So if you start a new work out you'll have to reset it. The HRM costs €31.95 and I'm happy with it. I use it to keep an eye on my heart rate and use the stopwatch. The back light has come in handy too.

Sincerely,
R.