Thursday 30 January 2014

Start to run update #4

Time is flying by so fast! It's already time for a new start to run update!

Last Friday I had a slightly harder time to finish my jog properly. I had to run 10 min, 10 min and 12 min. I ran the pieces of  10 minutes at quite a good beginners speed (I ran three laps and a bit in each and I was running at the outer side of the track which should be about 453.66 meters per lap  according to this page). But the last 12 minutes were tougher and I didn't manage to get up to the 4 laps I thought I'd run in that time. 

On Monday I had to run for a quarter of an hour twice with a walking break of two minutes in between. I ran 5 laps in the first half and 4.75 in the second. Since I was running in about the middle of the track - the inner lane was muddy - this is about 423 meters per lap.


Yesterday I had to run 10, 12 and 12 minutes, with one-minute breaks of walking. In the first bit of jogging, my muscles were sore. After that, I was warmed up and it went better! The track was quite muddy so I had to zigzag between wet patches to stay on the dry ones.

Sincerely,
R.