Sunday 12 January 2014

Essence mini-haul.

On Friday I went on a little shopping trip with my sister. I got myself a couple of things from essence cosmetics. 



















First I got an eye liner marker. It's the essence eye liner pen extra longlasting. I've been wanting to try one for quite a while, but I put off buying one since I barely ever wear eye liner. The reason for that is that I cannot for the life of me apply it properly. But eye liner markers are supposed to be easy right? So I got this one to give it a chance. price: €1.99.

Second I got the essence nail art duo stylist. Which is a plain and simple dotting tool. Price: €1.99.


Third I got essence stay matt lip cream in shade 02 smooth berry. It's a (semi-) matte lip cream in a raspberry colour. Price: €2.59.


After I got home I wrote yesterday's blogpost. So I looked up the ingredients of the eye liner and lip cream and was slightly shocked at first as the lip cream contains aluminium starch octenylsuccinate. Now I googled a bit more on this and I'm still not sure whether or not it is safe. This ingredients is even allowed in food (as modified starch). And according to this article, it is safe in cosmetics if limitations on heavy metal concentrations aren't exceeded.


This has made me realise that I don't pay attention to ingredients in make up much at all (as opposed to ingredients in body care products).

Sincerely,
R.