Thursday 9 January 2014

Start to run update #1

Two weeks ago, I wrote about the start to run programme I've been following to enhance my stamina. Here's an update:

The Holidays have kind of messed up the schedule for me: we postponed our jog until the 1st of January. So we started the new year with a run and kept on going from there. The running hasn't gone very well in that week (week 4 of the programme) at all. Quite strange since it's the same as week 3. Could this be due to all the holiday food? Or because of the incidental longer break between the jogs?

Anyway, we decided to catch up on those days and cut out the extra day of rest. So this week we went for a run on Tuesday and it went amazingly well! I'm not sure why that is, but I think it may have to do with my lower than usual caffeine intake on that day. Also my sister had the idea of running in the opposite direction of each other so we'd cross paths often which was motivating and fun! If all goes well, we'll be back on our Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule again next week.

Sincerely,
R.