Sunday 26 January 2014

Eco by Tupperware.

I usually carry a bottle of water with me. For that purpose I use PET bottles that I buy and refill with tap water for a few days. But yesterday my mum gave me this eco by Tupperware bottle.



It's the same size as my usual bottle (500 ml) but it has a cute coral colour! It is made to be reused and hence it is better for the environment! Also handy is the shark-fin like bit of plastic on the cap for easy opening. The bottle came in a set of two for about €14 for the set. 
My eldest sister pointed out that I should check the material of which this bottle is made. Since PET bottles (plastic category 1) shouldn't be refilled because they can leak harmful chemicals in the water, especially when they're warmed up for example when you leave it in the car on a hot summer day. 

This bottle is made from category 5 plastic. The information I found on this type of plastic is a bit contradicatory, but I think it is safer to use than the category 1 bottles that I'd been using.














Sincerely,
R.