Tuesday 7 January 2014

Toothpaste alternative: PerBlan tooth powder.

Last Saturday I went to a bio shop to get some lavender essential oil. Whilst browsing though the rest of the store I stumbled upon PerBlan tooth powder. It's a powder that serves as an alternative to toothpaste that made of natural ingredients and is eco-friendly.



I'd been in search of a toothpaste without glycerine for a little while, but it is impossible to find. When my eye fell on this tooth powder - that doesn't contain glycerine - I wanted to give it a try.
PerBlan says to be eco-friendly because it is made of natural ingredients that are bio degradable. It contains only active ingredients. Therefore you need less of the powder than you need toothpaste, there is less weight that needs to be transported and there's less packaging needed for this product. Also it has not been tested on animals.
There's no fluoride in here either. Even though fluoride is good for tooth strength, it is also toxic and therefore some people want to avoid it. Personally I do not want to consume fluoride (some countries/states/provinces add it to the drinking water) but I'm not entirely sure yet whether or not I want to avoid fluoride in toothpaste, and I'll need to do a bit more research on the topic to make a decision.

I paid €2.58 for 30g of powder, and I think it will last me a long time!


This powder has gotten me slightly fascinated and I'm excited to test it properly.

Sincerely,
R.