Saturday 18 January 2014

Dr Organic Rose Otto Conditioner.

A little while ago, I told you that I'd bought a back-up of the Dr. Organic Rose Otto shampoo. When I got to the till to pay for that, the shop assistant pointed out that they had a deal on the brand: buy one get one free. And that's why I got the conditioner too.



The conditioner smells great too and has the same handy bottle cap as the shampoo. At first I didn't feel like the conditioner did much for my hair. I hadn't used conditioner much for a while, but the ones I'm used to contain silicones which leave your hair sleek by coating them. This is very different. Now, a few uses later, I feel like it makes my hair a bit more easy to de-tangle. I think the best way to use it is by putting it in your hair and then de-tangling the hair a bit (with your fingers or a plastic wide-toothed comb) before rinsing it out. 

Ingredients of the conditioner are:

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Aqua, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Glyceryl Caprylate, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride Tocopherol/Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (geranium) Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllata (clove) Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena (rose) Flower Oil, Parfum, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Extract, Tilia Europaea Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Phytate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Eugenol.


I wasn't too sure about the Cetearyl Alcohol (which is comedogenic and irritating according to cosdna) and eugenol (may not be safe if used in the long run). Cetearyl Alcohol can be found in other conditioners as well, and usually higher up the list of ingredients. I believe it is a fatty alcohol and is moisturising for the hair. I'm not too worried about it as I only use conditioner on the ends of my hair. However, on order to do so I need my hands too!

I'm not sure  yet if I'll repurchase the conditioner as I feel it has become redundant when I use the mild shampoo, but never say never!
Sincerely,
R.