Monday 7 April 2014

An old favourite: Essence blush stain.

It's rather rare for me to use up a make-up product. And I haven't used up this one yet, but I thought I'd write about it before I do. The product I'm talking about is the Essence NATventURista blush stain. It was part of a limited edition collection which was sold in September and October 2011. 
It's almost empty now and here's why I love it so much.


The blush comes in a salmon pink-ish coloured twist up stick. It's got silver coloured twigs and birds print on it. So it's both cute and practical: you could just apply it straight onto the cheeks and then blend it with your fingers.

The print has rubbed off a bit over the years, but the shade is called You're my dragonfly, sugar. There was 6g of product in there and it cost €2.99.
It's not in the pictures, but it also says: 

"blush stain for a natural and fresh look. use with fingers or direct application. stains the skin!"

As you can see I'm scraping the last bits out of the packaging by now.
The blush is very creamy and easy to blend. Once it's blended it only leaves a barely-there pinky sheen, so usually I'll apply two layers. I think it's exactly due to it being so subtle that I used it so often: you can quickly add a bit of colour into your face without being at risk of looking like a clown, even whilst being only half awake early in the morning! So it certainly gives the promised natural and fresh look, but I wouldn't say it stains the skin at all.
I'm happy I got so much use out of it!
Sincerely,
R.