Saturday 19 April 2014

Make nail varnish dry quicker.

I am always clumsy when it comes to freshly painted nails. the varnish is usually damaged before it has even dried up properly. A good top coat should be of help here, but I don't have a good one. So apart from having the patience of a saint, here's what I do in my pursuit for smoothly polished nails.

As a teenager, I'd read that you could dip your nails in a cup of cold water to make them dry more quickly, but when I tried that, the outline of the droplets remained visible in the nail varnish. So now, when I paint my nails, I'll wait for a few minutes to let the varnish dry a bit on its own. Then I'll stick my fingers under the cold tap for a few seconds.
I let the water drop down on my skin and then run along the fingernails from there. In that way the force of the water falling down won't deform the varnish.



Simple as that!
Sincerely,
R.