Thursday 27 February 2014

Start to run update #7

Good morning internet!

I am proud to let you know that, yesterday, I finished the start to run programme! I've had a bit of a delay, but I'm glad I made it.



Last Friday my sister A. and I went for our jog in the streets again. We ran about 4.2k in 32 minutes. I feel like it's slightly easier to jog in the street than on the track. It's never muddy and you're not running in circles all the time.

On Monday I had a friend over, so I didn't go for a run. Last night we went to the athletics track again and I jogged for half an hour. Okay, technically it was only 29 minutes and 20 seconds. That's because I didn't have a clock and I'd started out too fast. So I stopped after 10 laps. My sister would tell me when to stop, but she and M. hadn't returned from their jog yet and was exhausted. I figured about 30 minutes would have had passed by then. Just when I had stopped jogging, my sister came along and said I still had half a minute to go, but I didn't restart.

On Friday I'll try and jog 5k! I'm not sure if I can do it, but I do have a great incentive: if I make it our jogging buddy M. will treat us to dinner! A. and M. will jog along with me for encouragement and to make sure I don't start out too fast again. Awesome support, right?

Technically speaking, this is my last start to run update, but I'll keep you posted on that 5k.
Sincerely,
R.