Wednesday 26 February 2014

Brand Rant: Natural Collection.

I don't see Natural Collection make-up being mentioned on beauty blogs very often. Is it because bloggers don't like it? Due to lack of advertising? I don't know, but I find that this brand deserves a bit more attention! Natural Collection is a brand owned by Boots. They also have body care products, but I'll be talking about the make-up.
Their packaging doesn't look very chic at all, but the make-up is very budget proof and the products are all fragrance free, so I think it's worth checking out their counter!  
Here are the products I currently have:















This is the Duo Eyeshadow in Mocha/Latte. It's got two matt colours: a chocolaty brown and a cream, both of which are well pigmented and buildable. I think their eyeshadows aren't all as pigmented as this duo, but I believe you can test them in store.


These are swatches of the Moisture Shine lipsticks in Rose Petal, Rose Bud, and Raspberry. I have to be honest and say I got Rose Petal because Lily Melrose showed it in one of her videos and I liked it on her. Unfortunately it isn't flattering on me at all, and as a result I barely ever use it. I'd describe it as a pale peach. Luckily the other two shades work much better for me! Rose Bud is a mauve-ish pink. On me, it's a bit of a my-lips-but-better colour. Raspberry is a bit darker and more red. It's my favourite of the three.  






I also have the Cover-Up stick in fair - shown in the lower half of the above photo. I find it quite well-pigmented and the shade is light enough for me. The downside of this concealer is that it can look cakey and that it will look bad inside the packaging after a few uses, which is why it's closed in the photos.

I've used up one of their mascaras before and really liked it. It's the Lash Definition mascara in black. I got this one as a back-up but I've left it unopened thus far. 


Lastly, I also used up one of their Pressed Powders before and I liked that too. They only stock very few shades of their face products, all for fair skin.

All mentioned products are £1.99, but it seems like Boots has a permanent 2 for 3 offer on the brand. I think its a bit of a hit-and-miss with this brand, but for the price I find it worthwhile having a look and finding the hits!

Sincerely,
R.