Saturday 8 February 2014

25 questions tag.

I wanted to do a personal tag and found this one. I got the impression that there are a few versions out there so I just picked one and answered the questions.
Here they are:


1. What is your middle name? 
I don't have a middle name.

2. What was favourite subject at school? 

In secondary school it was biology. I studied psychology in uni, but I couldn't choose which subject was my favourite!

3. What is your favourite drink? 

Water!
Favourite soft drink: Lipton Ice Tea lemon. (The sparkling one we get here in Belgium, not the still one you get in the UK!) 

Favourite alcoholic drink: probably pineapple juice with malibu.
Favourite hot drink: coffee.


4. What is your favourite song at the moment?

I genuinely don't have one.

5. What is your favourite food? 

Pasta! All kinds of pasta!

6. What is the last thing you bought? 

A pair of jeans.

7. Favourite book of all time? 

The Harry Potter books! They made me discover that I like reading.

8. Favourite Colour? 

Red, preferably a nice deep red. Although I'm loving dark petrol-blue-green colours lately!

9. Do you have any pets? 

Yes I do! We've got a cat. She's black and she turned 18 in September! (Does that mean she gets to vote now...?)

10. Favourite Perfume? 

I don't have a favourite perfume, but I do have a favourite perfume brand: puma fragrance.

11. Favourite Holiday? 

Christmas.

12. Are you married? 

No, I'm not.

13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times? 

Yes I have, loads of times! That's no wonder since the border with the Netherlands is only 10-15  minutes away from home. But I've been to other countries too on trips and holidays, and I've lived in the UK for 9 months.

14. Do you speak any other language? 
My mother tongue is Dutch (Flemish) and I speak English. I also learnt French and German in school, but I've forgotten a lot of it! I could still read something in French or German, but understanding native speakers, or producing is more difficult. I can also say "good night", "cheers", "What's your name?", and "My name is ..." in Romanian, but that doesn't qualify as speaking a language does it?

15. How many siblings do you have? 
Two! I've got two elder sisters.

16. What is your favourite shop? 

For clothing my go to shop is H&M. In part because it's inexpensive.

17. Favourite restaurant? 

I don't have a favourite restaurant.

18. When was the last time you cried? 

I think it was last summer. I'd been away from home for a week and our cat had been really ill, so ill that the vet had said she would probably not live longer than a few more days. When I came home - sleep deprived after a tiring week - and saw her I hugged her and cried and cried and cried. Only after that I realized no one was home, so I texted my sister to ask where everyone had gone to. Then she called me back telling me that my other sister was in the hospital. So I just cried some more. Luckily both our cat and my sister got better again!

19. Favourite Blog? This one! Just kidding, my favourite is www.beautygloss.nl. I like some other bloggers too, but follow them via youtube rather than their blog.


20. Favourite Movie? 

Another favourite question, and again I don't have a favourite! I really like costume films that are set somewhere between say 1800 and 1950. (E.g. Pride and Prejudice, Atonement, the Prestige, the Illusionist, Jane Eyre, the King's speech, the Painted Veil,...) But I enjoy loads of genres, just not scary movies!

21. Favourite TV show? 

Okay I'll pick one this time: Downton Abbey. I love everything about it! The story, the setting, the costumes, the British accents, the ladies' hair. 

22. PC or Mac? 

I've never used a mac, so PC it is!

23. What phone do you have? 

A samsung E-GT-E1150i. It's a very basic clamshell phone and the one I have is red.

24. How tall are you? 

1.70m or 5ft7 


25. Can you cook? 
Yes I can! But I'm no pro.

That's all!
Sincerely,
R.