Wednesday 2 April 2014

Nail art for dummies #3.

Last weekend I decided to paint my nails and I did another attempt at "nail art". This is very much of a challenge for me. I think I just have bad fine motor skills since my handwriting is horrendous too and I cannot cut straightly with scissors. So it didn't turn out as well as I hoped for, but here it is.

.


I used two Barry M nail varnishes. The first one is the Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint in the shade passion fruit.

The other one is from a limited edition and I actually didn't intend to get this, but when I bought two Barry M nail paints I got this one for free. I didn't even know until I got to the till, but the shop assistant took me all the way back to the Barry M counter to let me choose between this pink one or the neon green one. I didn't like it since it's very sheer and I would never wear it by itself. But this is how I did wear it:

I started off with clean nails.
I applied one coat of the shade passion fruit.

Then I took the hot pink shade and applied it diagonally over half of each nail.
Lastly I put a drop of it on a morsel of paper and dotted along the border of the two shades on each nail with a dotting tool.

I ought to get some practice at this...

Sincerely,
R.