Wednesday 9 April 2014

Easy Peasy Recipe: Italian sweet pepper and goats' cheese.

I'm still loving goats' cheese, so here's another recipe using it! I first tried this recipe with two friends of mine. We were cooking together and had this as a starter.
It was so delicious I've had it several more times since! 


You can change it a bit to taste, but here are the basics.
You will need:
  • Italian sweet peppers - one per person
  • Goat's cheese - I used about 60 gr per pepper
  • Honey
  • Marjoram

How to make:
Preheat the oven at 220°C. Slice the peppers in half and remove all the seeds. Put pieces of the goats' cheese inside the peppers and add some honey and marjoram. Bake on a tray or plate in the centre of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.

Slight variation:

  • What also works is to set the oven to 180°C with the grill on. Then bake bake for 10 minutes. The pepper will be a bit crunchier.
  • You can add a bit of black pepper to taste.
  • And lastly, if you prefer you can replace the marjoram with thyme. This will give you a sharper taste - if that makes any sense. In the pictures I used thyme, but I preferred the version with marjoram.
All three of us loved this dish and I hope you will too!
Sincerely,
R.