Sunday 16 March 2014

Eye of the day: red.

Last Sunday, as I was doing my make-up, I decided to go for something a bit different than my usual neutral shades. I went for a red shade and hoped I wouldn't end up looking like a clown.

I kept it really simple: The only other colour I used was a matte beige under my eyebrows and in the inner corner of my eyes. I also applied a white eye pencil on my waterline to ensure a fresh look. I only applied mascara to my top lashes since I have to be careful with applying it to my bottom lashes: it makes me look a bit strange since they're quite long.
As you can see, I have a lot of milia around my eyes. I like to believe it's not prominent in real life, but hey are annoying for close-ups like these!

Products used:

The red shade is from an eyeshadow duo. I don't know where it's from since I got this as a gift, but it says 'Markwins international' on the bottom.

The highlighter is the catrice eye shadow in nude cream. It was part of their limited edition 'nude sensation' they did a few - I think four - years ago.


I used the essence maximum definition volume mascara.


The white eye pencil is from HEMA and I got it ages ago.


Brushes are from HEMA and essence.



I chose red because I was wearing a cardigan in a very similar shade. Luckily I did not end up looking like a clown and it even looked very subtle.

Sincerely,

R.