Tuesday 18 March 2014

Primark purchases part one: clothing.

Last week, my friend A. asked if I'd like to go to to Primark together. Clearly I did and so we went on a shopping trip last Wednesday. First stop was obviously Primark but after lunch - which was rather late since we'd spent quite some time at that first stop - we strolled about in some other shops too. After having a slush we went home with a good 'shopping booty'!

So here is part one of this 'haul': Primark clothing. Tomorrow I'll be posting the rest which are Primark accessories and a few goodies from other shops.


Let's go!





Firstly I got a T shirt. It's navy and it has birds - swallows I think - printed all over it. I was convinced to buy it when I tried it on: it's stretchy and extremely comfortable! This cost €3.
Then I got a vest and a jumper. The colour of the vest is called 'lipstick' and it's ribbed and has a lace neckline and straps. The jumper is grey, rather short and it has a loosely knit pattern. The vest was €3 and the jumper €10.
This is another top I got. It's sheer with vertical stripes that are less sheer. The colour is called blush and it normally costs €12 but was reduced to €5: bargain! 
Then I got a cute tea dress! It's got short sleeves and boat neckline. My sister G. found it to look old, but I got a fair few compliments on it from other people on Sunday! The best of it all: it was only €10.
The other dress I got was a more structured one. The colour is 'bottle' but I find it a bit more teal, which is the colour that I've been loving a lot lately! The waistline is slightly higher than where my waist is, but I still find it flattering enough! This dress has an invisible zip in the back and it even has lining! I paid €15 for it.
Lastly I got a set of mix and match pyjamas and a set of cosy socks. The vest is coral and was €4. The trousers are ivory with a blue print of empty bird cages and flowers. They are cuffed at the bottom and are supposed to be 3/4 length, but they're a bit longer, really. These were €8. The very last thing I got was a pack of cosy socks. They were reduced to €1.50 and I love them dearly!
I don't consider myself to be 'good at fashion', but I'm quite pleased with the things I purchased! Rather than buying items for their convenience I went for pieces that look nice - except for the T shirt. And The pyjamas. And the socks... 

Sincerely,
R.

P.S.: I find 'purchases' to be a much nicer word than 'haul'. I suppose though that it's smarter to name it haul since everyone does and that's probably what people will google...