Sunday 29 December 2013

Home scents.

Whether it be the smell of good food, flowers, perfume or shampoo, I am an incredible sucker for nice scents. Therefore I enjoy having a pleasant scent at home. 
Here's what I've got at the minute:

Fragrance oil burner
Oil burners are a nice way to spread fragrance trough the house. I got my white ceramic one for cheap a few years ago. It came with twelve vials of scented oil, some of which I like and some of which I don't. You can use the burner with either a few drops of oil in water or with scented wax. you will need a few things before you can get started. 









I keep my oils, waxes, a few tea lights and a lighter in a small box. The advantage of an oil burner is that you can also use eucalyptus oil in water if you have a cold and this will help you breathe more easily.




Scented candles

I just finished the two scented candles I had, but I kept the tin of this one because it looks adorable. Apart from spreading a nice fragrance through the room, I find that lit candles help create a cosy atmosphere. The downside is that you should only use them while you're in the room. (The same thing goes for the tea light in the oil burner of course!) 


Reed diffuser
Lastly I have a reed diffuser. This one in particular is a very basic one from Primark that smells of berry and wild fig. What I like so much about reed diffusers is that they continually spread their scent. they just sits there and do their job 24/7!












I enjoy using all three types and could not tell choose which type is my favourite! 

Sincerely,
R.