Thursday 26 December 2013

Start to Run.

Endurance has never been a strength of mine. I absolutely abhor jogging, but as I could do with better stamina, I decided to follow the Start to Run programme.

It's a training schedule that takes you from 0 to 5K in just 10 weeks. I dug up my old trainers -they are 10 years and a bit old, but haven't been used all that much- and joined in at my sister's trips to the track three times a week. I'm currently in week 3 of the programme and so far so good!
Apart from building up stamina, running has other advantages such as better blood circulation and lower risk of heart disease.
If you'd like some more info on the programme or want to read their full list of advantages of doing sport, I recommend you take a look at www.start-to-run.com.

I'm not looking forward to the next lesson, because I'll have to run for 4 and 5 minutes for the first time!


Wish me luck!

Sinserely,
R.