Monday 30 December 2013

Rituals Qi.

I would consider myself to be an okay sleeper. I have good nights mostly and a bad one every once in a while. My only issue with sleep is that it takes a while for me to fall asleep. To help me calm down and relax before bed, I've got Qi. 
Qi is Rituals' relaxing serum with Chinese Mint and Yi Yi Ren. On the enclosed leaflet, there are a brief explanation of what the concept Qi is, instructions on how to use the product, and at the bottom there are also some tips on relaxation.
Tao
I love how Rituals has different lines with a story behind each. Qi is part of the Tao line, which is meant for relaxation. Here's what it says about Tao in the box:


How to use 

Simply massage a bit of serum onto three pressure points: between your eyebrows, on your temples and in your neck. 

Ingredients

AQUA/WATER, ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISOHEXADECANE, STEAROXY DIMETHICONE, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, BIS -PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/ PPG- 16/16 DIMETHICONE, MENTHYL LACTATE, PANTHENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/ VP COPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MENTHOL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, CARBOMER, ALLANTOIN, BISABOLOL, LINALOOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SORBIC ACID, SODIUM PHYTATE, LIMONENE, COIX LACRYMAJOBI (JOB'S TEARS) SEED EXTRACT, GERANIOL

There's peppermint oil in this product indeed - whether it be Chinese mint or not, I do not know. It also has some lavender oil which is known for its calming properties, but it doesn't contain much of yi yi ren (also known as job's tears) oil in the serum at all since it's at the bottom of the list. I'd be carefull with this if you have sensitive skin since it contains a lot of alcohol.


Review

The little box and pump bottle are very cute. I like the level of detail on the packaging, especially on the inside of the lid of the box. Since it's such a small bottle it is just perfect on the go.
I like the smell of the product, very minty! When you apply it to your skin it gives a fresh sensation that is probably caused by both the peppermint oil and the menthol. I quite like this fresh sensation, but I know that not everyone does.
I couldn't tell whether or not the product itself actually helps me to relax. But when you use this serum, you are taking a minute for yourself to massage it in and perhaps take a few deep breaths, and that's a good thing if you're trying to calm down!

Qi costs €10,50 and you get 10 ml of product. 



Overall I think this is a nice product!

Sincerely,
R.