Friday 12 September 2014

An exercise update.

It's not even been a week since the last update, but I've made a lot of progress in that short time span though! This time around it's a very positive update!

A. and M. went for a jog together on Saturday when I couldn't make it. So I wanted to go on Sunday by myself. Then my dad offered to cycle along with me so I wouldn't have to go alone. That day, seven September, I jogged 5k in about 39 minutes. My phone said it was 38 minutes and dad's clock said 40 so I estimate it was about 39 minutes. I'd been jogging at about 7k/h in the first four kilometres - according to dad's cyclocomputer - and then speeded up during the last kilometre and did a sprint at the end. This was the first time in a long while that I was able to jog 5k again! On average I jogged 7.8 min/k or 7.69k/h, but since I had enough energy to speed up at the end, I knew I was able to run a longer distance.

On Wednesday ten September A. and I went for a jog together again. We covered 5.9k in 43'42", so we ran 7.46 min/km or 8.04 km/h. This means I jogged both faster and longer than two days earlier! Also we checked the time in which we'd reached 5k so we could see how we were doing in terms of speed: it was in 37'22", which is my PB for 5k!

This is very motivating as I'm finally making progress again!
Sincerely,
R.