Saturday 6 September 2014

An exercise update.

It's been over a month already since I last did an exercise update. Back then, I said I needed to get my act together. In reality there have been ups and downs again. But I'm very happy with the up's, since that's better than the last time I wrote up an update!

The first up
After not going jogging for another week, A. an I went for a jog on Sunday evening. It was rather warm and humid, but we found it was highly necessary to go for a jog. We decided to jog for 10 minutes at least and then return, unless we'd feel like we could do more. So we started jogging down the street and followed one of our usual routes. After 10 minutes we weren't tired at all, so we kept going. Time passed by rather quickly as we were talking chatting all the time. We ended up accelerating at the end and jogged 5k in 37'52"! As far as my records go, this was the best time of a 5k run I'd done thus far! We did suspect our food intake might have to with it: we hadn't eaten much that day and definitely hadn't had any heavy foods that day. The next Sunday we did the same route in a bit more time. So, back then I figured I'd met the goal I wanted to meet by September already!

The huge down
After that, thing went downhill. Seriously downhill. The next week I left for my trip and neither of us did any jogging. But it got even worse since we only started again on the Sunday of the week after my return. After this break of almost two weeks needed to take it slowly. We did a brief 15 minute jog after which our legs were aching already. A few days later we did the same thing but faster.

The next up
Then we urgently needed to build up again so the next time we did a 20 minute jog and covered 2.73 km. The plan for the next jog was jogging 25 minutes, but that day our jogging buddy M. asked us if we wanted to do a street run. So we went for it and ran the 4k street run in 26'51". Considering how bad we'd been doing in the weeks before, that's not bad! This week we went for two more jogs: on Tuesday we both weren't feeling too well, but we managed to jog for 26 minutes and covered about 3.4k, Thursday we did a bit better and jogged 3.8k in 29 minutes.

I hope we'll be able to hit the 5k again soon!
Sincerely,
R.