Wednesday 24 September 2014

An exercise update.

It's been another week and a half or so since the last update already. I've done four jogs in the meantime. Here's how they went.


The 13th A. and M. and I went for a jog together. Since M. can do much longer distances than I can, we went for another 6k. This time around it didn't go as well as before. It was tough and challenging, my heart rate was up very high and I was very happy that it was over. We jogged 6k and 30 metres in 45 minutes.

Two days later, on the 15h, it was just A. and I again. We did our usual 5k route in the other direction. I had a great jogging-day! I generally don't enjoy jogging at all, but that day my it felt good, I recovered quicker and the jog was energising! If this is what jogging always felt like, then I do see how it's addictive to some. It's just that it rarely feels good for me. As for numbers, we jogged 5k and 7 metres in 37'24"

The next jog was on the 20th. There wasn't as much time between supper and the jog as I like and it was quite warm and humid. It didn't feel too good, but we jogged the same distance in 37'31" and my heart rate wasn't too high, so I ain't complaining!

Our latest jog was on the 22nd. We went in the evening when temperature had dropped considerably. We started quite fast and at first I didn't think I could keep up the pace. But we ended up jogging 5k in 36'30". It was a tough one, but when you knock 52" off of your PB, it is truly worth it!

Apart from jogging, I'd like to build up planking again. So the plan was to do this after every run. The problem is that I simply forget. I did a minute after our run on the 20th, but then forgot again two days later.

Sincerely,
R.