Thursday 20 March 2014

Jogging 5k update.

It's been a while since I posted the last start to run update. Here's a heads up on what I've been doing between then and now.

That Friday I went for it and I jogged what we thought was 5k in 43' 20". I found this to be very slow, but later it turned out that we'd been jogging 5.4k! (according to Google maps at least.)


In that last update I told you M. would take us for dinner if I made the 5k. We haven't done so yet, but I'll make sure we will some time!


But to get back on topic: the week after that was a pretty good one!



3 March - 9 March
On Monday M. and I based ourselves on the time I needed on Friday, so we decided to jog for 22 minutes and then turn back. We had run about 5.6k in 44 minutes: slightly faster already!
On Thurseday we did the 5.4k loop again, but I accidentally failed to record the time!
That Saturday was a top day: we started off very slowly and turned back after 22 or 23 minutes. But when we got back to the athletics track we decided to run another lap, and after that we even did another. So we ended up jogging about 6.2 or 6.3k in 50 min and 11 sec!

10 March - 16 March

In the next week A. and I went for a 5k run on Monday, but I don't recall how long it took us. What I do recall is that it felt as if the run was a bit of a struggle.
I didn't go jogging that Wednesday, and on Saturday I had overestimated myself a bit: all went well so I jogged further than I had before, but on the way back it was too exhausting so I had to walk for a bit.

17 March - yesterday

Monday I decided I should run a distance that I knew I could do - as to prevent getting disheartened! - so we jogged 5k and we did so in 39'06".
Last night A. and I did the same 5k route near our home we'd done 9 days before. It went much better than it did back then and our time was 38'43"!

I'm hoping to improve that time some more and get it down to 37.5 minutes soon! 

Sincerely,
R.