Friday 24 January 2014

Nail art for dummies #1.

Here's how I did my nails two days ago. I'm not sure if it's even worthy of the name nail art, but it is definitely a bit more interesting than a single colour. If I can do this so can you!
Here's how I did it step by step:
I used a beige, a coral and a deep red nail varnish.

Start off with clean nails.
























First apply the lightest shade over the whole nail. Then apply the medium shade diagonally across your nails from the bottom right to the top left or the other way around if you prefer so. I filled in that whole area with the coral. Next apply the darkest shade diagonally too so that the edges of the different shades are parallel-ish to on another and so that it covers about a third of each nail. 

Applying the red went quite messily, so after it had all dried I cleaned up my fingers a bit with nail varnish remover.
It's very important to let every layer dry up properly. I didn't use a top coat, but it'd be better to do so to avoid chipping. Here it is all done. 































I did all ten nails in the same manner, but you could also do one hand or nail in the other direction. 


They remind me a bit of sweets!
sincerely,
R.