Tuesday 24 March 2015

Currently reading: Dreamland.

Lately I've been trying to read just one book at a time and it's rather nice to do so! The book I'm reading at the minute is called dreamland and was written by David K. Randall, who's a journalist. It's a non-fiction book that handles one of my favourite activities and topics: sleep. As you can see I'm not reading it in English; I got the Dutch version.

I'm about halfway through now and so far I love the book! It covers several topics such as putting children to bed, the meaning of dreams, effects of sleep deprivation. But it's not just about the science of sleep as there are also personal anecdotes and stories in there about how discoveries were made. For instance you find out about how first and second sleep was (re)discovered and how the military plays an important role in insight in the effects of sleep deprivation. So it's a mix of science and stories, making it a good read!

I'd certainly recommend this book to anyone! We spend so much time asleep, you may as well learn a little more about it!
Sincerely,
R.