Wednesday 23 July 2014

An exercise update.

It's been a while since I've done an update on jogging. Okay, a long, long while. And I wanted to do an update on the 30 day ab challenge as well. So here it goes:

Jogging
Jogging has not gone well at all. It started with A. going on a holiday. Without her, I only went for two jogs with M. Consequently, I cannot jog for long or far at all. I can't even do 4k any more! I'm not sure whether it's just due to lack of training or whether it's also due to the hot weather. Anyhow, now I'm motivated to get back on track: at the very least I want to be able to jog 5k again before September starts. Last week, when the temperatures were up very high - for Belgian standards that is - A. and I even did an early morning jog. We started at 06 h 50. Hopefully we can keep up the good effort!

Abs
So A. and I started the 30 day ab challenge. We kept each other motivated. After about two weeks, I started to feel pain in the tail bone area. Since it was only one day until the rest day I figured I should man-up and go through with it. The next morning I saw I had some wounds there though. Later I looked it up and they are friction burns.Things did not get better in that one day of rest, but I tried to do the exercises of the day next day anyway. It was no use though. So I stopped doing the crunches, sit-ups and leg raises. I did do the planks for a few more days, but since that was during the same period in which A. was on her holiday, I soon forgot about that too. I ought to pick it up again though, it is such a good exercise!

So basically, I need to get my act together again!
Sincerely,
R.