Wednesday 7 May 2014

Easy Peasy Recipe: pesto.

I've been wanting to try and make pesto instead of buying a jar for a while. So when M. mentioned making pesto of his own whilst we were jogging, I figured I should definitely give it a try. Since I already had fresh basil from making spinach lasagne, I just got the other ingredients and gave it a go.

You will need:
50g of fresh basil
50g of pine nuts
50g of parmesan
100 cl of olive oil
1 clove of garlic
Sea salt
Black pepper


How to make:
Tear the basil into pieces and press the garlic. Blend those with the olive oil, pine nuts and parmesan. Lastly season with sea salt an black pepper.
I ate some of it on pieces of baguette with a couple of sun dried tomatoes on the side, so good!
I was wondering whether pesto is healthy or not, and I think it's not that bad. Basil, garlic and pine nuts seem healthy. There is a lot of olive oil in there though, so I suppose it's best not to go overboard with it. But you won't need to since pesto has got so much flavour to it!

Enjoy!
Sincerely,
R.