Monday 17 November 2014

An exercise update.

It's been a while again since the last update. As always there have been ups and downs.

I did a few more 5k jogs in 38.08 and 37.14, but then, at the end of October things started going downhill again: on a bad day, A. and I jogged 3.3k in 27'41" and a few days later, at the start of November, I only managed to do 1.5k in 13'23". I didn't mean to give up so I made myself go for another jog a few days later. It was to no avail though: I was exhausted after 1.7k in 12'10". Well we did have chips for dinner before that 3.3k jog, but it is now very obvious to me that a major factor in my performance ups and downs is PMS. It simply - temporarily - wipes out the stamina that I've built up, making me feel exhausted after 1k or so. It's very frustrating because it's a drawback every time and it keeps me from building up my stamina further.

So I took a longer break from jogging. I didn't run for five days and on the sixth day I went for another jog. We went to the track because I wasn't sure how well or bad it would go. Surprisingly, I could still jog 5k and did so in 37'11": not a bad time at all! I was very relieved that my stamina was still intact! On Saturday we went for another 5k jog. It seemed like our speed was low but we finished the jog in 37'38", which was better than expected given that it felt like such a struggle!

Sincerly,
R.