Friday 5 December 2014

An exercise update.

Since the last exercise update I only ran 5k's plus the short distances to get used to my new shoes.



The 23d it took me 37'38" and three days later I managed in only 36'51". It's very exhilarating to see you ran faster than you thought you were! I've got the impression that I run slightly faster with music in my ears! Afterwards I jogged for another 400m on my bare feet, after which my calves needed some time to recover. The 29th my sister A and I jogged 5k in 38'36". My calves weren't very cooperative yet that day and it was a bit of a bummer to see that time. That day I also wore my heart rate monitor, and I believe my heart rate is (ever so slightly) lower lately, which is a good thing since it's generally far too high. After this I jogged for another 400m in my new shoes. It will take a lot of time to transition into those! I wish I could film myself so I could see how I jog in them! The last proper jog was on Tuesday, and we went even slower than before: it took us 38'54".

Even though I haven't increased the distance, I feel like should still be proud of every single 5k jog that I manage to finish! As I'll be focusing on transitioning to my new shoes, I won't increase the distance of my regular jogs. Therefore I won't be posting another exercise update any time soon; it'd just be too boring! I may incorporate it in the "transition to minimalist running" posts though.
Sincerely,
R.