Thursday 12 November 2015

Easy Peasy Recipe: a green smoothie.

As you can see by the number of times I've posted anything on this blog lately, I've been very busy. Nonetheless I'm trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Most recently I ventured into the world of green smoothies. As I understand it, those are smoothies with vegetables in them. Preferably a lot of vegetables and not too much fruit as to avoid too much sugar. So after blending a banana and an avocado that I still had laying around as an enthusiastic first attempt, I went to the shop to buy a few ingredients that I thought would work well together.


Ingredients
1 kiwi
1 banana
3 hands full of kale
2 tablespoons of oats
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
100 - 150 ml of almond milk 

How to make
Peel the banana and the kiwi, toss everything in a blender and blend! I heard in a YouTube video that its easiest to have the juicy ingredients near the blades so everything will blend well. 

The fresh taste of the kiwi is the overpowering taste in this smoothie. If I make this one again, I'll add more kale since I could barely taste it now, but it had a lot of nutrients. 

Enjoy!
Sincerely
R.