Tuesday 27 January 2015

A review: CD deodorant.

Somewhere towards the end of 2014 I posted a review of alverde deodorant, which was accompanied by a long story of how my sisters and I went to shop in Germany. Back then, I got two deodorants, and now I've finally come round to testing the other one too! So here's a review of CD deodorant "Glücksgefuhl".
Packaging
The packaging is a glass bottle with a spray pump top. It has an orange theme and looks more rounded and compact than the alverde one, but contains the same amount of product.
Promises/features
The brand CD has set a purity decree for itself so that their products contain:
no silicones
no mineral oil
no parabens
no colouring
no ingredients derived from animals
Sure sounds good to me! On top of that this deodorant has no aluminium salts in there either, which is why I bought it in the first place.
Other than that it states that it's skin friendly, suitable for sensitive skin, and is pH skin-neutral. It says it doesn't leave white streaks, which you would expect since it's a clear liquid. Lastly, it claims to put you in a good mood, which was proven by an independent testing institute with 50 subjects. Well wouldn't that be amazing! Let's see if it lives up to its promises.
 
Ingredients
There were three different scents in the store, but when I read the ingredient lists, I opted for the one with the shortest list. Here it is:
Alcohol denat., Aqua, Glycerin, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Parfum, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool.

Green and yellow boxes show up when analysing the ingredients on cosdna.com. The main ingredient, alcohol denat., is a skin irritant, which I'd say is not very suitable for sensitive skin. Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, which is rather high on the list, is a preservative coded yellow. What's pretty cool is the on CD's website it is explained what each of these ingredients are for. This thought me that Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene and Linalool are compounds of perfume that have to be declared on the ingredient list.

Scent
This one smells very nice! Smells like orange blossoms I assume, as it say on the bottle. I do prefer this scent to the alverde one! As for putting me in a good mood: it does no such thing. I don't like that they put such a claim on their product and would like to know how this was tested.
Test
The deodorant works well for me, it keeps unwanted body odours at bay, even during stressful situations! It doesn't leave white streaks as promised and expected.

In short, I like this deodorant for it has no aluminium salts in there, it smells nice, and does its job! A quick comparison of the two: both work well! The CD one smells better in my opinion, but the ingredients of the alverde one have better safety scores on cosdna.com, but I would recommend both!

Sincerely,
R.