Saturday 24 January 2015

Two pieces.

It is no secret that I'm not very good at fashion. I barely post outfits because a) my outfits are not that special, and b) I don't like asking other people to take pictures for me. But I do want to show you two of my favourite fashion items of the moment. And no, I'm not referring to a left shoe and a right shoe as two separate items.

The first is a pair of lace up ankle boots. The brand is Mustang and I got them in a brown/tan colour and they're slightly darker in the toe-area. They are leather and super comfortable once you've worn them a couple of times. I've had them since November and have barely worn my other shoes since then. I'm so used to putting these on to go out that I automatically put them on when we went for a walk in the forest - I'm smart like that. They got covered in a thick layer of mud, but they were easy to clean with a damp rag! I had treated them with leather grease in the past though, which may have helped.
The second item is a much more recent purchase. It's a reversible tartan and houndstooth scarf by s.Oliver. I had my heart set on getting this type of scarf for a long time, but put off buying one because I thought I could get one for cheap at Primark. By the time I actually had a chance to go there, they were nowhere to be found. So I searched the interwebs and found this gem! The tartan print is mainly green and black with some white and a tiny bit of hot pink in there. The fabric is very soft and warm, and the scarf is huge and snug!

So those are my favourite items of the moment, and as we're not even halfway through winter, I'm sure they'll get lots of love in the months to come!

What are your must favourite fashion pieces this winter?
Sincerely,
R.