Wednesday 4 June 2014

New makeup stores.

On Saturday, my friend A. and I spent the day in Leuven. and we made a few new beauty store discoveries that day. She mentioned something about MAC coming to Belgium, but I said they're already here. I knew there are MAC-stores in Antwerp, Wijnegem and Brussels and Ghent, but then we spotted a shop window with a giant sticker saying that MAC is coming soon. Apart from this I made a few more discoveries of beauty stores that have opened recently in Leuven and Hasselt.

Lookiss Leuven
Whilst strolling around in the Diestestraat, we saw a shop we'd never heard of or seen before: Lookiss by DI. Since DI is a drugstore* we went in to check it out. And it is gorgeous! The store consists moslty of make up, laid out on beautiful displays. They stock a couple of brands that I haven't seen in many other places in Belgium before. For instance they sell The Balm, Physicians Formula, UNE and Orly. They also have a wider range of 'l Oreal products. Hopefully there will be more of these stores in the future!

Address:
Diestsestraat 68
3000 Leuven

MAC store Hasselt
After spotting the MAC store to-be in Leuven I went to their website and found out there's a store in Hasselt too! I was wondering if it has been there for a long time already. As far as I know it was opened around the end of February or the start of March. It that is not enough reason to visit Hasselt, then keep on reading.

Address:
Fruitmarkt 6
3500 Hasselt

Inglot Hasselt
This Polish make up brand has opened its first store in Belgium. It's only been opened a good month ago and I'm very excited to check out what the brand offers!

Address:
Minderbroederstraat 29
3500 Hasselt

I'm looking forward to try out a few new brands, although non of them are exactly budget friendly. But I'll hand my Inglot wishlist to my parents as they are going to Poland this summer, and prices there are almost 50% lower!

Sincerely,
R.

*I say drugstore for lack of a better word. It's a store similar to boots or superdrug, however, they don't sell much over the counter medicines -if any at all- and no prescription medicines.