Tuesday 24 June 2014

PerBlan tooth powder review: mint vs lemon.

One hundred, that's the number of this post! Since the most viewed post of all is the PerBlan tooth powder review, I figured it be nice to make the 100th one related to that.

Recently I repurchased the tooth powder, but I got the lemon version to see if there's any I like better.
So here's a comparison of the two.


Packaging
The cardboard cases are very similar, they both come with clear instructions on how to use the product and ingredients. The difference is in colour, background and name. The plastic containers are exactly the some bright blue ones.

Ingredients
Apart from aromas at the bottom of both lists the ingredients are just the same! Aroma Mentha and Aroma Glycyrriza are replaced with Aroma Citreum in the lemon version, which makes sense of course.

Use
The use is obviously the same too: wet your toothbrush, shake off the excess water and dip it in the powder. Then just brush your teeth as you normally would.

Scent
The mint version had an interesting scent to it: it reminded me of the white powder we used to put in the bottom of our bird's cage. I suspect that it's the calcium carbonate. This is not true for the lemon version and it actually does smells lemon-ish. Neither has a strong scent though, it's all subtle.

Flavour
For flavour it's the lemon one I'm less keen on. At first I absolutely hated the taste, but now I've gotten used to it it's not too bad. The mint version has a light minty taste to it, which I much much prefer!

Cleansing properties
The two do the exact same thing for your teeth, which is only too logical since they are composed of the same ingredients.

So in short it's the scent and flavour that are the most important differences.
 If you've read this post, you'll know that these powders are better for the environment than toothpaste is, are is not tested on animals, and it is inexpensive!

I think I'll go back to the mint version when I run out of this one.
Sincerely,
R.