Wednesday 18 June 2014

A week's worth of food.

Never in my life have I kept a food journal, but I figured I could write down what I eat every day for a week or so. It may help me eat better for I know I'm going to write it down! I always start the day with loads of water and I drink more of it throughout the day, but I haven't written down every time I drank water. Everything else is written down.

Monday
Breakfast
Overnight oats with chia seeds, hemp seed and a touch of cinnamon, and a cup of coffee.

Elevenses
A slice of cake.

Snack
A banana.

Lunch
A sandwich with goats' cheese and big chucks of cucumber.

Snack
A bowl of strawberries, a nectarine and milk chocolate, 40g to be precise!

Tea
Ice cold almond milk with instant cappuccino powder. (Iced almond-cappuccino?)

Supper
A bit of lettuce with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper and turmeric powder vinaigrette, a tomato, a piece of chicken fillet and about half a potato. And another cup of coffee for pudding.

Sneaky extra snack
More chocolate.

Tuesday
Breakfast
A banana, a kiwi and a cup of coffee.

Elevenses
Overnight oats with chia seeds, hemp seed and some honey.

Lunch
A mug of soup and oven roast sweet potato.

Tea
Two coconut rochers.

Dinner
Lasagne and a tiny bit of coke. And milk chocolate for pudding.

Sneaky extra snack
Ice cream: two scoops.


Wednesday
Lunch
A nectarine, a sandwich with one mashed avocado, chocolate and a tiny piece of smoked salmon.

Tea
Coffee.

Supper
Turkey fillet with white rice, carrots and a tomato. And coffee for pudding.

Thursday
Breakfast
Coffee!

Elevenses
Chocolate, sweet sweet chocolate!

Lunch
A huge carrot and quinoa with vegetable stock, a lot of garlic and goats' cheese and a cup of coffee.

Tea
Chocolate custard.

Supper
spaghetti carbonara and bread - too much food! - and two glasses of white wine. And then coffee at grandma's.

Friday
Breakfast
Banana flavoured yoghurt. I normally don't eat this, but I needed to eat something before going for a jog. (And there weren't any bananas left.)

Elevenses
A nectarine and a pear and a cup of coffee.

Late lunch
Two fried eggs and coffee.

Tea
More coffee.

Snack
A tomato and two carrots, bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Supper
Spinach-ricotta lasagne.

Saturday
Breakfast
Overnight oats with chia seeds, hemp seed and a touch of cinnamon and honey, and a cup of coffee.

Elevenses
Chocolate coated biscuits and a glass of iced tea.

Lunch
A buttered pain au chocolate.

Snack
Brussels waffle with whipped cream and caffée au lait.

Tea
Coffee.

Supper
A nectarine, a kiwi, nuts: a mix of walnuts, a store bought mix and pine nuts.

Snacks
The rest of those nuts and some chocolate that my sister gave me.

Sunday
Breakfast
Coffee.

Elevenses
Overnight oats with chia seeds, hemp seed and a some cinnamon.

Lunch
French fries and oven roast turkey and a glass of coke.

Tea
An avocado and a chocolate coated biscuit and a tiny piece of raw sweet pepper.

Supper
bread and chocolate spread and cheese with a cup of coffee.

Snack
A nectarine and some cherries straight from the tree.


And that was last week! I see that I do eat a lot of unhealthy food (especially chocolate), but I try and get in enough fruit and veg, so that I won't lack any vitamins or minerals. There's definitely room for improvement here. I often forget to mix oatmeal and almond milk in the evening, leaving me without a proper breakfast the next day. Also I see that things get particularly tricky when I am not at home.

Sincerely,
R.